Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so sorry that it has been such a long time since I have posted from my heart on here. Writing is just not a strong point for me.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers, love and support! The Strands of Support Event on November 8th was such a blessing to me and I will never forget that day! There were probably between 350-400 people that came out that day and almost 75 of whom got their hair cut or buzzed. There were 15 women and 2 girls who buzzed their hair for me. I just can't express the gratitude for all that was done for me that day. Many people donated their time and services that day to bless me and raise money for any costs from the cancer.

On November 11th I had my 2nd PET scan between my 3rd and 4th treatment. Dr. Gottlieb gave me the results from the scan on November 16th, telling me that tumors are responding very well to the chemotherapy and that he is very pleased! He said the mass in my stomach had shrunk almost 60% already. So in early January I will have another PET scan done and after he gets the results he will see if he wants to add 2 more treatments or not.

For Thanksgiving this year our family had MUCH to be thankful for!! I have been feeling really good lately, even though after the last treatment I wasn't feeling the best I am so blessed that through this journey so far I have felt wonderful.

I can't believe that Christmas is only a few days away, and I hope we all remember the true reason we celebrate!! Merry Christmas to all of you!!! Thanks again to all you DEAR, SWEET ones and I am TRULY blessed to have you in my life!!

Love,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. The dr. telling you that you're responding to the treatments is probably the best gift you could ask for!! of course along with your friends and family! Have a Fabulous holiday and I wish you the best and most healthy 2010!! I'll see you in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, we love you!!!! You are in our prayers everyday. How thankful we are for your transparency and JOY...even in your suffering. (or because of it?...) You are a LIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I am so glad to hear how well you are doing.May god bless you and your family this holiday season.May the new year be better then ever for you as you go threw all the test and chemos you do.I wish you the best.All my love and prayers to you all.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete