Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I want to finally update all of you dear family and friends on the most up to date news with what has been going on in my life.

I am so excited to report that my last chemotherapy session was February 9th as most of you already knew.

I met with Dr. Gottlieb on Tuesday, March 2nd and he told me that he was very happy with how well my body and the cancer in my body responded to all the chemo. He didn't use the word remission, but from what he told me he made it sound like that is what he believed. I will have a CT scan sometime in July and then in August I will begin my first of four Rituxan maintenance treatments at the infusion therapy center through an IV. They will be every six months for two years.

In the beginning of March we went with friends to Cancun, Mexico and traveled at no cost to us. They had a timeshare for us to stay at and enough frequent flyer miles for us all to fly. They wanted to bless us with the trip to celebrate the end of my chemo. We had an awesome time of relaxation in the sun!!

I praise God for all He has done in my life and the healing that occurred in my body!!!! I want to thank all of you for your prayers, cards, words of encouragement, delicious meals and many gifts!!!!! I am truly blessed to have you all in my life!!

I will remember these last 7 1/2 months that God has brought me through for the rest of my life!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Amy I have been waiting for an update and this one brought me to tears of joy! Praise God! praying for your body to continue to heal and be free from this monster called Cancer. Im so happy you had the opportunity to get away and relax praise God for wonderful friends and family.... Your in my thoughts always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are the words we have to use even appropriately sufficient to express how overjoyed I am for you to be at this point on your journey!!! I am sure you vacationed with a joy & appreciation that many of us may never know!!!I am praying the same thing a Tina who commented before me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tina and Jeane'!!! I appreciate all the encouragement and prayers you have blessed me with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH and WOOHOO! I have been wondering how you have been doing Amy! I still think of you often - -esp. when I hear all of these songs from your blog on the radio - -I call them "the Amy songs" :) Always thinking of you and praying for you - -Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you today and praying for continued healing for you :)Blessings Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't checked in for a while (and don't even know Amy in person) but that is such wonderful news! I will pray you continue to heal and that God will bless your family beyond your wildest imaginations.

    ReplyDelete