Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Amy Wrote...

Hi Laurel,
We are going to meet with Dr. Robert Gottlieb from the office of Hematology/Oncology Medical Associates in Lancaster on Monday morning, August 31st at 8:15am. Hershey Medical also called me today to let me know that the oncologists at Hershey just really wanted to wait to meet w/ me till they had the results from the larger biopsy on Tuesday. So as soon as they get the faxed results and look over them they will meet w/ me. They will also match me up with the best oncologist for my specific cancer to treat me. So I will meet w/ both oncologists then and ask questions and see who we feel would be best for treating my cancer.

I also wanted to share a great verse that I was reading in Romans 11:33-36 that I enjoyed.

"Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!
For who can know the Lord's thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory. All glory to Him forever! Amen."

10 comments:

  1. Amy, the best spirit deserves the best care. doctors won't always have the best news or say the right thing so it's what you make with what they say and the way you decide to react. I haven't seen you in probably 14 years but when I saw you last week you have that same amazing sweet personality that I remembered. Your beautiful inside and out and I wish you the best in this fight and my heart and prayers are with you and your georgous family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are an amazingly strong woman. Our God is so awesome and I can't wait to see how works through you Amy and those around you. All my love, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is using you to touch people you don't even know. I ran into another friend and she had heard of your faith in action through someone else who had heard through someone else... and the prayers of many faithful are crying out to God for you and your family.
    HE is almighty God; Praise His name!

    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." [Joshua 1:0]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Amy... I just ran into your facebook and saw your blogspot... I will pray for you, and if theres anything I've learned over the yrs, its that God is putting you through this for a reason. And He WILL carry you through it, if you NEED ANYTHING PLEASE let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I haven't seen you since my brother Andrew's trip in to pa a while back but i want to say I am so sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis. It probably feel surreal I image.
    At the same time praise the Lord for the peace and courage you have. I will be praying for you. I just met your sister at a friend's bridal shower and wedding in Aug. She is beautiful like you.
    Martha Novak

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Amy,
    I'm a friend of your grandma Kaye and don't know you but I want to tell you to keep believing in God's power to do miracles. With the faith you display you are an inspiration to many. I'll be praying that God will answer your prayers for healing, complete healing.
    Lynne Hendrix

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I love how you're keeping focus! Your strength is yours and a little of Someone else's. :) Love you so much, friend. -Joyous

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so beautiful! these verses you shared are amazing...God's Word is such a gift! I love your heart. Your strength is incredible to watch. Amy you are such a wonderful testimony! thank you. thinking of you and missing you...praying for you constantly.
    love
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know you, but I am you, for those of us who have fought and won over cancer, we are one. Do not give up, (I know you won't),remember there are thousands of us just like you. Keep your faith and know that so many other women keep you in their prayers as I will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear sweet Amy,
    I can't help but to have tears thinking of you and Ben and your beautiful children going through this trial. I know you will grow through it all, we all do. I miss you and pray for your healing. My love to all of you. Jillian also sends her love and prayers. John and Jerelyn Tice (Justin and Jordan's parents)

    ReplyDelete