Friday, August 21, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so sorry that I haven't got an update out in the last week. I was waiting till I knew a little more.

Last Friday I got a call from the Dr. and he let me know that I had B-cell Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Some of the cells showed low-grade and some showed more aggressive. I was hoping to be able to update you when I knew more as far as treatment and such. But just yesterday morning I had a PET scan done, and the Dr. called me tonight with the results.
He said, "The scan didn't look good. It shows that it is in your arm pit, abdomen, pelvis, one spot in the bones, right arm and some in the chest." He said it is Stage 4. He did tell me though that the more aggressive the cancer the faster the chemo takes to it.

I still feel at total peace with everything and know that God is going to do Amazing things with this! I can't wait to watch all these wonderful things happen because of Him!

A week ago when the Dr. told me that I had a form of lymphoma I told him that I wasn't worried and know that God is in control. And then again tonight I was calm on the phone with him and said, "Thanks for calling, Have a great weekend!" I don't know if he believes in God w/ all of his heart, but I would love to see that happen.

So Hershey Medical should be calling me soon and then we will go from there. I will let you know as soon as I know, but I thank you all for your prayers and love!!

The times I get emotional is when I get sweet emails, and calls from all of you dear ones and that is when I cry. I feel so blessed that God has given me you as my family and friends!!! Tomorrow is my birthday, but the reason I tell you is because I know that God is going to give me the BEST birthday ever because He is going to do some AMAZING things this year!! To Him be the Glory!!

Love,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. HEY Amy, If sweet emails make you emotional, i'd advise you to head to costco for a skid of tissues!!!! I'm thinking that you've demonstrated a rare and delightful level of trust in the Heavenly Father that is going to inspire a flood of sweet emails. Tears are cool so let 'em flow; you're producing many joyful ones in your friends and family so we'll most likely be motivated to return the favor!! Love you! Mom n Dad Beachy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! your Doctor may not believe in God with all his heart, but this is how God works, by you simply planting a seed in his mind as to the strength and power of God! Isn't it awesome how God works?
    your blog link came across our prayer chain at Zion Iona UMC and I must say you are an inspiration to us. Keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep the prayers coming to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    I am an old friend of Laurel's and came here today through her blog. I just wanted to share that I will be praying for you and your beautiful family. May the Lord give you encouragement and complete healing...and that He uses your story to bring others to Him. I'll be praying for your surgery on the 1st.
    Anna (in Maryland)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    You are so sweet and beautiful. I loved seeing all the pictures of you and your lovely family. You are in my prayers.
    Love,
    Wendy Shonk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Amy,
    Hello Amy.I got an email from my sister and brother in law...your uncle Steve and aunt Patti.I'm so sorry for all you are going threw..but God is good to us all and he will guide you through all of this.I will be praying for you and your family.You are such a beautiful lady and i just want you to know...tears are good to let out..i know mine were flowing just by reading your blog.You are a very strong and amazing lady..i just want you to know me and my family will be praying for you and your family and for your healing to go well.God bless you all.I wish you the best through all the tests and surguries.I will be reading this daily if i can and i'm just so touched and amazed by you.

    Becky Melanson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for all the sick and you are included in my prayers. Keep the faith. God carries you all the way through. You're on eagle's wings. May God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete