Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Amy's Sister Julia


from Julia's Leukemia & Lymphoma Society webpage:

My name is Julia Siegrist and I am training to participate in an endurance event as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. On May 15, 2010 I will be hiking the Grand Canyon. I will be completing this event in honor of my sister, Amy Beachy, who found out this August, the day before her 32nd birthday, that she has stage four non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer. She is my best friend and the most amazing sister I could ever hope for and she has inspired and encouraged me with her strength in battling her cancer. It is her courage in facing this disease that has motivated me to get involved and be a part of this cause. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line-a cure!

Please support Julia and her Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission. Click here.

You can also email Julia at olivejewel@hotmail.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment