Sunday, January 31, 2010

Only one more chemo session!!

My chemo went well on Wednesday the 20th. I felt a little sick and had some headaches, but for the ost part I feel so blessed with how God has continued to cover me with his protection and uplift me with His love! I constantly thank Him for the provision in my life.

Near the end of my chemo session on the 20th, a sweet older lady sat down beside me to get her chemo. She told me her name, but between my memory and the headache I had I forgot it a couple of minutes later and was too embarrassed to ask. She has had a really rough past year, because her husband of 60 years died in February, then in June she was diagnosed with cancer and in August she lost her sister who was her best friend to cancer. I hope to see her again this coming chemo session on February 9th because she told me she gets chemo that day too. She has really been on my heart and I want to be an encouragement to her.

I want to thank you all so much for your prayers, cards, notes of encouragement and all the delicous meals you have prepared and are still bringing. God has blessed me with the most amazing family and friends!!!!

Much Love,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy I just started following your blog. I am praying for you and your new friend, ....I have a question for you and I couldnt find an email... Can you email me when your feeling up to it...Big Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for this great news. I am so glad that you are doing so well. Our God is an awesome God!
    I also love that God brought you and that woman to that office at the same time, to be seated right next to one another, and how He has laid her on your heart.

    ReplyDelete