Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update




First off, I want to thank all of you who have been bringing me all these delicious and amazing meals each day since my chemo treatment. What a blessing they have been!

I want to apologize that it has been awhile since I have updated you on how I have been doing. On Thursday, the day after my first chemo treatment, my dear friend, Alison, watched the kids for me all day so that I could just relax in case I wasn't feeling the best. Thankfully, I felt pretty good all day, so later that morning my friend, Stephanie, picked me up and we went out to a late breakfast and afterward, walked around the mall. A fun-filled day!

On Friday morning I felt up to going to the gym in the morning and getting a small workout in and seeing friends I had missed for a couple of weeks. My wonderful husband was able to be home on Friday, just in case I wasn't feeling well, to be able to help out with anything. It was great having him around to spend time with.

Saturday morning I cleaned the whole house really well and it felt good to even be able to do that. The beautiful weather that morning gave me the energy I needed to zoom through the house and get everything done. Later that afternoon I had a fun time shopping with my sister for scarves and hats.

On Sunday, Ben had free tickets to a football game with friends, so my sister came over to spend time with me and the kiddos and we had a relaxing day at home.

Yesterday morning I woke up and had it in my mind that I was going to run a few errands and go pick out a wig at the American Cancer Society. My precious kids were having a rough morning and I felt like there was no way I was going to accomplish my goals for the day. I checked with my dad to see if they could come down and play at their house for a little bit while I went and ran a few errands and he was more than happy to have them for a little. He and my mom took them to the park and they had a terrific time. I am so blessed to have my parents living right near us.

I was able to stop at the American Cancer Society and look at all the wigs they had available. They told me that I could have one wig to keep and take home with me at no cost and also two hats or scarfs. I picked out a wig I liked that was a honey pecan color with 100% human hair that felt even nicer than my own hair. I also brought home two new hats.

When I got back from all my errands, and the kids were back from the park, I let Kaitlyn try on the wig with me and she took some pictures of me with my new hair because she was so fascinated and excited about it.

I also received a very special surprise in the mail! It was a book compiled of many letters, pictures, scriptures and notes of encouragement from many of you. I read through it with tears in my eyes from the many sweet words from all of you. What a wonderful day!

So all in all I have been feeling pretty good everyday since my first chemo treatment. Some afternoons I have felt a little out of it, but I have been listening to my body and I rest when I need to and get to bed at a good time most nights.

Thanks for all your prayers and love!

Love,

Amy

5 comments:

  1. God is so good!!!
    melaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your doing Good Amy! the wig is very very cute :)
    I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. STILL think you should try a red wig at some point!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found RCHOP to be by far the easiest chemo to take, but it sure was not easy. Although everyone responds to it differently most are debilitated for days. I only know of one other person who went through it as if they had a cold or something and they didn't understand what everybody else was talking about. You are amazing and certainly blessed, keep it up. The prayers must be working.

    ReplyDelete